21 September, 2021
The Best Waffle Recipe for Light Crispy Waffles
Make Crispy Waffles with by far the easiest and Best Waffle Recipe. From bowl to plate in 10 minutes!
Using our fool proof method of cooking these waffles will ensure you always get the best crispiest and lightest waffles every time.
The recipe is quick and easy to put together, requires minimal ingredients and also has an outstanding rate of perfection.
Inspiration for the Best Waffle Recipe
It is no secret that I love a dessert. By far my favourite part of cooking whilst I was a chef where the desserts and pasties. The amount of amazing sweet treats you can make on your own at home is infinite. Being able to create delicious treats for your family with out having to spend a lot of money for dessert places is also a bonus.
Waffles are one of my favourites, but ive always struggled to find a recipe that is consistent, doesnt need a lot of ingredients. And also is easy to put together quickly for desserts or evening snacks. How ever after reading many recipes, trying hundreds of alterations and trying and testing many many waffles I believe ive found the best Waffle Recipe there is.
I have not had a single wrong one come out from my many batches. All of them ending up crispy, and light in texture with the full consistency staying the same and fully cooked. Even the colouring and smell are exactly what you would expect from a premium waffle.
Toppings for Waffles
This is such an individual preference. Growing up, as a family we would always go past a certain crepe shop in Athens. My mum would always buy me one and Nutella was my main choice. Many years later and I still cant resist that delicious chocolate hazelnutty spread. So that had to be my first choice.
Next to something that compliments the waffle and chocolate I had to go for some fresh fruit. Strawberries and banana. Both flavours i find to go with melted chocolate and the waffle taste extremely well.
Ingredients for Waffle Recipe
- 300 grams Plain Flour/Bread Flour
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 350 ml Milk (Warmed Up)
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- 30 ml Melted Butter
- 1tsp Vanilla Essence
The Best Waffle Recipe (Step by Step) Makes 4 Waffles
- First lets combine the dry ingredients. Add the Flour, Salt, Sugar and Baking Powder in a large bowl.
I also suggest switching on your Waffle Iron/Machine at this point to heat up.
- Sift or mix them well to make sure all the different dry ingredients have even dispersed in the bowl.
- Set the dry ingredients on the side and warm the Milk slightly. (1 minute in the microwave is perfect)
- Add your Melted Butter in to the warm milk.
- Stir the Beaten Eggs in to the warm milk and butter.
- Stir in the Vanilla Essence.
- Add the Wet ingredients to the Dry ingredients and whisk well untill there are no lumps.
- Butter or oil your Waffle Iron slightly to make sure it doesnt stick.
- Ladle in your mixture (about a ladle full per Waffle) in to the Waffle iron.
- Cook for 3.5 Minutes.
How to Store Your Waffles
One of the best things about this recipe is that they store fantastically. I have tried to freeze them, to which I found out upon defrosting you have a near perfect product ready to heat up.
Not only that but I kept another wrapped in some foil in the fridge for 3 days, heated it up and it still had a delicious taste and texture.
Re-heating Your Waffles
I found 2 ways to heat these up, first of all the microwave. Normally I avoid this method how ever, try to microwave it from cold for 1 minute exactly. Pretty soft and tasty right?
For my second method it will restore the crispiness, however losing a bit more of the softness of the Waffle compared to Microwaving.
How to Clean Your Waffle Iron
I want to include this bit as ive seen many people do it wrong and it kills me inside when I see another waffle iron loose its non stick layer.
The best way to clean your waffle press is infact to clean it as little as possible. Using a light oil rather than butter will mean that residue wont develop into mould spores quite so quickly. DO NOT use anything with an abrasive side. All you need to do is simply use a soft wet kitchen cloth and wipe around the sides of the machine trying to leave the inside non stick surface.
Any bits that burned on, use a complete plastic spatula or other plastic device to take away the burned bit and slightly wipe that part with a soft wet cloth. The idea is that the inside stays greased and clean due to each waffle and keeping the sides clean to make sure further ones dont stick.
With good timing you can have Waffles within ten minutes of deciding you want them! Not only great for a last night snack but also a dessert for the whole family.
- Summer Ice Cream Special Dessert RecipeIf your looking for a more fancy ice cream but only have your normal ingredients at home then with recipe we can really spice it up a little and get
- Bread And Butter Pudding RecipeSimple and easy bread and butter pudding recipe to get rid of all the break hat might be going to waste and make a delicious dessert out of it. Ingredients
- Moist Ginger Cake RecipeDelicious and moist ginger cake, perfect for coffee, tea and general snacking when your in the mood for cake. Ingredients For Ginger Cake 12 oz (350g) Golden Syrup 4.5 oz
- Save Money by Planning Your ShoppingLearn how to easily plan a large food shop and stop wasting money in convenience shops. Unfortunately, convenience shops are exactly that. Too convenient! However, that comes at a large
- The Best Waffle Recipe for Light Crispy WafflesMake Crispy Waffles with by far the easiest and Best Waffle Recipe. From bowl to plate in 10 minutes! Using our fool proof method of cooking these waffles will ensure