7 May, 2021
Prawn Cocktail Lunch Salad
A tasty quick Prawn Cocktail Lunch Salad to use up the rest of your salad and any frozen prawns left over in the freezer.
Inspiration For This Dish
With the weather warming up a bit here in the uk its time to start using some of that salad that keeps sitting un touched in your fridge. I’m not going to lie I’m not the greatest fan of salads, but this one has enough substance to make it a good meal.
Sun also makes me think of seafood and what better than a bag of frozen prawns that your havent used or are unsure what to make with. And if you don’t have them already, you can pick some up fairly cheap from your local super market.
I love to combine healthy meals with something a bit some hearty to make a nicely balanced meal. So with start with this Prawn Cocktail Lunch Salad.
- 2 Small-Medium Gem Lettuce’s or 1 Whole Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 Sweet Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 1/3 of a Cucumber
- 2 Tomatoes or a Large Handful of Baby Tomatoes
- 250g Pre Cooked Frozen Prawns
- 100g Mayonnaise
- 1.5 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Tsp Worchester Sauce
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Squeeze of Lemon
For The Dressing
- 100ml Olive Oil
- 3/4 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- Pinch or Oregano, Salt and Black Pepper
Cooking Methods for The Lunch Salad
- Get started by defrosting the prawns, I usually do this by putting them in a bowl and covering them with cold water. They will be de frosted by the time you have prepared the salad.
2. Now prepare the salad, start by washing all the vegetables thoroughly and then leave to dry over a towel.
3. Slice the Lettuce, Peppers, Onion and add it to the salad bowl. Slice or half the tomatoes and add them too.
4. Create the dressing for the salad by adding the Olive Oil, Mustard, Vinegar and Seasoning and mixing well until the mustards stops been lumpy and emulsifies into a creamier looking oil.
5. Cover the salad with the dressing and toss well, making sure not to damage the leaves whilst doing so.
6. Now to make the Sauce for the Prawns, Combine the Mayonnaise, Tomatoes Ketchup, Worchester Sauce, Squeeze of Lemon and Seasoning into a bowl. Then mix well until it looks a pink colour. Adjust to taste with more ketchup or seasoning.
7. Now combine the sauce with the prawns (after draining the water out) and mix gently. Divide the salad into 4 on the plates, and now you can top it with the prawn cocktail.
This is optional but I like to add a little black pepper and paprika on top once done.
This lunch salad is the perfect mix of good healthy ingredients and getting part of your 5 a day fruit or veg. You have the healthy and tasty prawns, and sauce full of flavour to tie it all in. I recommend trying this recipe in the summer, when you’re short on time or simply want a quick, effortless lunch.
Talking about gaming, try our gaming site to share your content or check out others!
Looking for a slightly less healthy dessert option to finish off strong with? Check out our Amazing Cookie recipe.