21 March, 2022
Moist Ginger Cake Recipe
Posted in : Baking, Casseroles on by : Jdog-admin Tags: cake, ginger moist
Delicious and moist ginger cake, perfect for coffee, tea and general snacking when your in the mood for cake.
Ingredients For Ginger Cake
- 12 oz (350g) Golden Syrup
- 4.5 oz (125g) Margarine
- 9 oz (250g) Plain Flour
- 1/2 a tsp Salt
- 1 and 3/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Mixed Spice
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Pint (275ml) Milk
Cooking Method For Moist Ginger Cake
- Weigh the syrup and pour into a saucepan.
- Add the margarine and melt together under a gentle heat.
- Measure all the dry ingredients and add into a large bowl.
- Add the syrup mixture to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Beat the eggs & milk together bit by bit to the mixture.
- Pour inot a lined baking tray and bake in the center of the oven for approx 50 mins.
For best results use Gas mark 4 (350f) (180c)