14 July, 2021
Easy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
Here at thefoodblogger we love not only homemade foods but also easy recipes using the least processed food possible. So lets get into the Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe!
Inspirations for Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
To make a great Spaghetti Bolognese you just need the right ingredients, and the best part is that they are all easy to access. And quite likely in your kitchen already to cook with.
The difference in my Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe is that coming form Greece i’m more favourable to tastes like cinnamon. This is a key part to this Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe, but dont worry! It wont end up tasting like a churro due to the amounts and other herbs we have in the Spaghetti Bolognese.
Although this recipe hasn’t exactly been passed down from a family member directly, it has come from years of watching my mum and Giagia (greek grandma) cooking. So all is based on their cooking methods.
Spaghetti Bolognese Ingredients
- 1 pack Spaghetti
- 500g Beef Mince
- 1 Tin Can of Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Pure
- 1 Large Onion or 2 Small Ones
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 a Sweet Pepper
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- Salt + Pepper
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsp Frying Oil
- 3 Leaves of Basil
Spaghetti Bolognese Cooking Method
- Lets first start of with slicing the onion, garlic and sweet peppers into medium/thin slices.
Fry these only for a minute on a medium heat. Add the garlic last as it doesn’t take long to fry.
- Now add the beef mince to the frying pan (or pot) turn the heat up slightly and start to brown the minec off. Making sure to stir the vegetables around so they cook with the meat rather than sitting on the bottom of the pan and burning. Do this for a few minutes until the meat is slightly browned.
- Add in the tin of tomatoes, tomato pure and and 1.5 cups or water. Not mugs, the actual cup size!
- Stir and turn the heat to medium. Add in some chopped Basil, Around half a teaspoon or salt and 1/4 of a teaspoon of pepper. We recommend using slightly under this if you dont usually use much salt, and then adding to taste toward the end in case you like it less salty.
- Finally if you give it a stir, add in the bay leaves, oregano and stock cube all this now needs is to simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Now we have the Spaghetti Bolognese gently simmering we can start with the Spaghetti. Fill up a pop with water and add in a teaspoon of salt. Make sure to fill it up depending on pot size as what actually stops spaghetti sticking is having space to boil in the water. Adding oil to the water really doesn’t do much apart from waste good olive oil.
- Bring to a rolling boil and and add the Spaghetti. Boil for how long the pack advises. Usually about 12 minutes depending on the spaghetti. If its a shorter time (like the 3 minute one) then wait 10 minutes and then add it to the water to time it well with the Bolognese.
- Both the Spaghetti and Bolognese should now come out at exactly the same time (the Bolognese after 20 mins and the spaghetti after 12)
More Easy Recipes
- Save Money by Planning Your ShoppingLearn how to easily plan a large food shop and stop wasting money in convenience shops. Unfortunately, convenience shops are exactly that. Too convenient! However, that comes at a large cost to you with prices as much as doubling in small shops. With pasta is available for as little as £0.30 per pack in supermarkets
- The Best Waffle Recipe for Light Crispy WafflesMake Crispy Waffles with by far the easiest and Best Waffle Recipe. From bowl to plate in 10 minutes! Using our fool proof method of cooking these waffles will ensure you always get the best crispiest and lightest waffles every time. The recipe is quick and easy to put together, requires minimal ingredients and also
- Easy Spaghetti Bolognese RecipeHere at thefoodblogger we love not only homemade foods but also easy recipes using the least processed food possible. So lets get into the Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe! Contents hide 1 Inspirations for Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe 2 Spaghetti Bolognese Ingredients 3 Spaghetti Bolognese Cooking Method 3.1 More Easy Recipes Inspirations for Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe To make
- Easy Milkshake Recipe In All FlavoursLets get into how to make a milkshake. We believe to have one of the best and most simple milkshake recipe out there. Inspiration For This Milkshake Recipe For anyone that has read my previous blog on the perfect fried egg you might remember me talking about working in a sea side café. One of
- How to Make an Authentic Greek FrappeQuick and easy recipe for an Authentic Greek Frappe. The delicious and refreshing drink is perfect for the summer when you need your fix of caffeine but in a cold refreshing way. Traditional Frape’s Growing up in Greece, this is drink you see a lot. Not only your parents making it t home but also