4 May, 2021
Amazing Chocolate Cookies
Simple but yet perfectly tasty recipe for chocolate chip cookies. Great for midnight snacks, desserts or kids lunch boxes.
These cookies are great for those that like them slightly soft in the middle. If you prefer your cookies more well baked just leave them in the oven a few minutes longer.
Not only can they be made in around 10 mins, the only take 12 mins to cook! Leaving some time for chilling that means you can have hot delicious chocolate cookies.
Ingredients For Chocolate Cookies
Makes 12 Cookies
- 125g / 4.5oz Butter
- 175 / 6oz Brown or Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg Lightly Beaten
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 125g / 4.5oz Plain Flour
- 35g / 1-1/4oz Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 125g / 4.5oz Chocolate Chips
Recipe For Chocolate Cookies
- Cream the butter and the sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the lightly beaten egg and the vanilla essence to the bowl and mix together with the sugar and butter.
- Sift your flour, Cocoa Powder and Bicarbonate of Soda in the bowl of wet ingredients. Then mix until you get a thick mixture. It shouldn’t be too runny and you will be able to re shape with out it loosing its shape.
- Now put the dough in the fridge to chill for 20 mins. If your in a rush you can leave in in the freezer for 8-10 mins.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius or gas mark 6.
- Once chilled separate in to 12 pieces. An easy way to do this is to split it in half, then half each piece again leaving you with 4 equal pieces. Now each piece can be separated in to 3 chocolate cookies each.
- Roll into little balls (wet hands to roll chocolate) and bake for exactly 12 mins. They will look slightly undercooked when they first come out but they will continue to cook from the heat inside the cookie once taken out. So by taking them out after 12 mins you will ensure to have a soft gooey center. If you prefer a well cooked Chocolate cookie then cook for 15 mins.
- Once cooked, take out the oven and leave on a wire rack of plate for 5 mins for them to cool slightly.
Thanks for taking the time to read my recipe. It is one I held onto for many years and still cook fairly often. If you looking for more blogs to follow you can check out my other blog about day to day life, blogging tutorials and many other things on TheBloggingRobot.